Q&A: What makes a green package? How do consider a package is environmental-friendly?
Question by fadedcloud: What makes a green package? How do consider a package is environmental-friendly?
I develop packages for consumer products. I am sure there are many right answers to this question. I am just curious what other people are thinking. Please elaborate your point. Thanks.
Answer by Patrick M
My personal opinion?
Green packaging is packaging that meets three criteria.
1. Is it made from a sustainable material?
2 Does it only cover the product being marketed and not the air around it? (is the packaging more than needed to market the product?)
3 Is the package one that can be recycled?
Ok that was three now here are a few more.
1. In manufacturing the product were renewable resources used to create the energy needed to produce the Item?
2. Was the package made under Fair labor Fair Wage practices?
3. Will the package create a health risk to animals plants or people in the future if not properly disposed of?
My point on these questions is simple.
if a package is not made from a material that can be sustained it is not E.F.
If it covers more than the product and is bulky it is not E.F
If it can not be Recycled it is not E.F
If the product was made using energy that was gained from fossil fuels or other none renewable sources it is not E.F
If the package was made without ethical practices of labor and wage being employed it is not E.F
And last, if the package may at anytime result in sickness or death of any animal plant or human due to improper disposal it is not E.F
Hope that answers your question
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Earth Advantage Announces the Creation of Green Book Value?
- ITIF Endorses Bipartisan Immigration Reform Package
- Q&A: Do you consider yourself a bona fide naturalist?
- What are some good ways to go green?
- Is there any art projects out there that use old plastic ID badges that we could consider?
- ECO SWIM BY AQUA GREEN to Host Second Annual Delaware River Cleanup
- CeCe Caldwell Paints Makes Phoenix Debut at Furniture Affair
- Renewable Choice Energy to Partner with Green Key Global
- WPL Publishing Schedules LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Webinar Series
- Policy-Makers Deploy New Tactics to Create Green Growth Globally